If you’re trying to become a chef in Bitlife you’ve come to the right place. We’ll teach you the exact steps you need to take to become a chef. You might’ve read on some other sites that becoming a chef is hard, but it’s really not when you follow our guide.
If you follow these steps, you’ll unlock the chef career achievement in no time. Let’s get started.
Steps to follow to become a chef
Note: We’ve written these steps under the assumption that you’ll be starting a new life. It makes it easier for everyone to follow and for us to write the guide.
- When you create your new character, try rerolling until you get decent stats. Looks don’t matter when becoming a chef. Good health, happiness and smarts are good to have to avoid issues and make it easier on yourself to become a chef.
- Now that you’ve started your character keep progressing through your life normally until you graduate high school.
- Since there is no university degree required to become a chef, decline the opportunity to go to university.
- Go to community college instead (do this by going to the occupation menu -> education -> community college)
- Progress until you graduate from community college.
- The main part where people get stuck is here. They assume they can become a chef right away, but you need 3 years of work experience first. This means that you should apply for another job first, and work there for 3 years. We recommend you to work jobs like Waiter or Dishwasher while you get this experience.
- Once you have 3 years of experience in those jobs, resign from them.
- Apply for the “Apprentice Chef” or “Short Order Cook” position.
- Keep working hard and you’ll get promoted!
Can I become famous as a chef
Yes, you can become a famous chef. In bitlife this is called “celebrity chef”. Unfortunately, becoming famous as a chef is quite luck based. You can work your whole virtual life without ever becoming famous. If your goal is to become famous it’s much easier to do this by becoming an actor.
However, to maximize your chances of becoming a famous chef, check out our guide on Bitlife Fame.
What is the chef promotion path like?
If you start as a Short Order Cook, the promotions will go as follows if you work hard:
- Short order cook
- Line Cook
- Apprentice Chef
- Chef Tournant
- Chef Grade Manager
- Junior Sous Chef
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Cuisine
- Executive Chef
No chef job available
If there’s no Apprentice Chef or Short Order Cook job available once you have 3 years of work experience use the follow trick to reset the available jobs:
- Close Bitlife
- Open Bitlife again
- Check the job boards
This trick will renew the available jobs. Every time you do this you have another chance of the Apprentice Chef or Short Order Cook becoming available.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to keep restarting the game, you can take another job temporarily and check the job listings every year.
That’s all there is to it to becoming a chef. As we’ve said, it’s not that hard at all! We hope you found this guide useful and that you’ll successfully become the chef you want to be.
If you’ve got questions or get stuck somewhere along the way, let us know and we’ll gladly help you out.